Long time, no blog but it is safe to say that 2017 has been an interesting and busy year for me which unfortunately means the blog has taken a bit of a back seat over the last 10 months. This is something I’m hoping to change in the last weeks of the year but I’m going to take small steps to get back in the swing of things.
In the meantime, here’s a bit of an update on some things that have happened so far this year for me.
- We’ve finished one room in the house now (more on this soon)
- The cellar is started to get cleared
- I have myself a built in wardrobe which I love
- We are preparing the bedroom for decorating, hopefully before Christmas
- We have a shed for the garden and we’ve gone a long way to landscaping the front and the back garden to make it look exactly how we want it.
- We’ve recently come back from five days in Rome which was wonderful (again more on this soon) and it was just the break we needed after over a year with no holidays
- We have one trip planned for next year and another we’d like to go on, dependent on finances of course
- I recently left my job as Content Writer and Social Marketer after a great 16 months and although I enjoyed my time there, I knew it was time to move onto a new challenge
- The new challenge starts tomorrow when I start my brand new role as a Digital Marketing Executive. I’ve had a great week and a half off (mainly in Rome) and I’m ready to start my next working adventure. I’m excited about the company I’m going to and the challenges I have waiting for me so as ever it’s onwards and upwards for me and my career.
- So far this year, we’ve been to three weddings, a gin festival and three food festivals. We’ve seen some great bands, had some nice days out and spent good days with family and friends, old and new.
- Me and my boyfriend have also started running recently and are currently halfway through the Couch to 5K programme. We’ve had the last two weeks off, due to our holiday, but we are both really enjoying it which is impressive for two people who detest running. I’m really proud of how far we have come since starting up at the gym in January, going from exercise haters to runners and regular gym goers. We still have a way to go before we reach any goals but as with anything, it’s all about making small steps.
- Our vegan month went really well, despite not writing my final round up blog, the vegan month went well and we made it through the entire month. I think in many respects, we both found it easier than we thought we would however when we didn’t plan meals or snacks in advance, it was difficult to find something filling, tasty and vegan in a lot of outlets. I learnt a lot that month including some new recipes and how to make my fail-safe recipes healthier and more interesting.